With Covid-19 still rife, and the country in yet another period of lockdown, moving home is getting a little bit harder than it used to be.
Whilst Estate Agents are on the list of businesses that can remain open most are operating on a skeleton staff, and viewing properties themselves is becoming harder to arrange.
Here are our 5 Top Tips to help you get moved during the Coronavirus pandemic.
1) Be Prepared – look earlier than normal – with the number of viewings restricted it is all the more important to be ready in advance.
2) Do Your Homework – If you see something you like, try and find out as much as you can before you call to view it. Is there a virtual tour you can view? Have you looked on Google Streetview? Is the property available when you want to move-in? If you can, have a drive past so you are familiar with the area.
3) Dot your i’s & cross your t’s – Make sure you have all your paperwork to hand that you’re likely to need to apply. Bank Statements, Passports, Proof of Address, Right to Rent, Up to date contact details for your landlord etc
4) Make sure you can afford what you want to rent. Check our Affordability Calculator, and talk to your Guarantors if you need to use one?
5) Don’t forget your PPE. You need to bring your mask, and gloves or hand-sanitizer. It’s worthy wrapping up warm and bringing an umbrella too, just in case you have to wait outside….
Moving house isnt impossible, it might just take a little more time. Good luck with your move!